Nautical stripes for urban adventures 🙈






Happy Wednesday loves ! I opted for my favorite striped cotton boat neck knit top with white shorts for this beautiful day! Nautical pieces give a clean finish to any outfit because it's usually white, red, or some other neutral tone complementing a basic. I don't suggest stripes on stripes unless your one of those fashionistas who can pull off print on print, unfortunately I'm not 😔 

Stripes can be your friend or your enemy, horizontal stripes on a boxier figure could create a heavier silhoutte while vertical stripes can slim and elongate a figure if properly fitted and styled. The white shorts I'm wearing are so versatile because of the fabric they're made of, it's nice to be conscious of materials so you can translate them from day to night or dress them for nicer occasions versus casual ones . I paired my top and bottom with neutral flesh colored pointed toe pumps that give my legs the illusion of extra length and don't distract from my ensemble . 

Have fun with nautical prints, I may get enough courage to mix prints one day ! That's a task for another style post! Happy hump day, two more days until the weekend !!! 

Top Ann Taylor || Bottoms H&M || Shoes Ann Taylor || Shades Ann Taylor 

xoxoxoxoxoxo Milyaka la del 💋



Comments