First Food Post ❤️





Yayyyyy for my first food post!!! Eating clean food is a priority for my family and I love that I have an outlet like my blog to be able to share my clean eating journey with other people! By no means am I a professional cook, chef, or organic connoisseur... (Although I like to assume I am), I do however have a love for good food and eating things that help our bodies properly carry out its functions rather than hindering our immune systems. 

With that long spill out the way 😜

Dinner last night consisted of: 
1. Sweet potatoes
2. Tilapia
3. Asparagus 

Watching the Food Network channel I've come to learn it is always better to eat fresh but if you can't eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats then eat frozen. If not frozen go ahead and eat the boxy horrible food we should avoid, (I'm guilty of eating it too! I'm no saint). 

The steps I took in preparing this meal are as follows: 
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees for baked tilapia.
•Wash, season, then coat baking pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) then place tilapia filets in pan. Tilapia doesn't take long to cook so watch the oven!
•Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large or small chunks depending on the size you desire.
•Fill a pot with water and bring to boil for sweet potatoes. Boil until tender but not mush, (we're not making mashed potatoes and it can turn into that easily TRUST ME) ! After boiled, season with cinnamon sugar. 
•Take a medium sized skillet and coat it with a light layer of butter for your asparagus. Cook asparagus 2-3 mins on each side, season as desired.

Ingredients needed:
-Fresh Tilapia -Asparagus -Sweet Potatoes -EVOO -Garlic Salt -Lemon Seasoning -Chicken Seasoning -Black Pepper -Seasoned Salt

Thank you for reading the post in its entirety! I had so much fun cooking this for me and my family please check back for future foodie posts ❤️


Xoxoxoxoxoox Milyaka la del

Comments